Are there the prizes for ITS?
Can I use reference material?
If you have a paper reference manual, you may use that during a module. No classroom textbooks are allowed. You may not use any reference during the written portions of the contest. Absolutely no electronic resources are allowed for any portion of the exam.
What’s the best way to prepare for the contest?
- Read over the Information Technology Service (ITS) contest technical standards and be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of those standards
- Read over the CompTIA A+ 220-901 220-902 technical standards and be prepared to demonstrate knowledge based on the scenarios
- Have a good understanding of the inner-workings of the Windows 7 Home, Windows 7 Professional, or Windows 8 home, and Windows 8 professional Operating systems.
- Practice using command-line commands and understand how to learn about commands inside the prompt. Memorize at least 10 new commands a day. Learn the basics of Powershell.
- Get a good night’s rest, eat breakfast, and try your best. Do not be deterred if you preform poorly on one module.
Can I Bring my own Software?
We don’t encourage use of any software. Every module is designed so that it can be solved without the use of 3rd-party software. However, you can bring software for use in our modules provided that you can prove proof of ownership. Open-source or freeware software must have appropriate license information. All software MUST be pre-approved by a contest judge BEFORE use. Unauthorized use of software may result in disqualification.
Do I have to bring a resume?
Yes, one page preferred.